A great way to treat your pet to the best home made, healthy and delicious treats. Not to mention it will save you money. Have you ever tried DIY dog treats? Don’t fret if not. With these delicious recipes it’s easier than you think. They only take a few ingredients, and your pup will love them guaranteed. We have three options, with three difficulties to cover all. Let’s dive in!
ZUCCHINI DOG TREATS
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- Beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add the oats and 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky. Add carrot, zucchini and spinach, beating just until incorporated.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Then let it cool completely.
Penaut butter DIY dog treats
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- one teaspoon unprocessed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- silicon paw print tray
Cook your coconut oil on medium low heat, until melted.
Add peanut butter and cinnamon. Stir until mixture is completely smooth and thoroughly mixed.
Pour mixture into tray and freeze until set.
Carefully remove from tray and store in air-tight container in freezer (they soften quickly).
Frozen watermelon treat
Probably the easiest of all dog treat recipes. All you need is a quarter of a watermelon and some water. Scoop out the watermelon and mix it a blender with the water until smooth. Then pour it into ice cube forms and freeze them overnight. If you’d like to spice it up mix in fresh mint or yoghurt and you’ll get a luxe treat. Perfect for the summer days.